Monday, September 6, 2010

little boxes on the hillside

my neighborhood epitomizes suburbia. i live 10 minutes from a whole foods, there are 5 frozen yogurt shops within a 10 mile radius, and every single time i leave my house i'm greeted by someone walking a dog or a child riding a bike. i'm lucky to have wonderful, friendly neighbors... so it's no surprise they organize an annual labor day block party.
i was instructed to make a dessert for the shindig, so i asked dr. matt if he had a sweet preference (knowing exactly which treat he would request). these little bars are his favorite. it really comes as no surprise- in my experience, ina can do no wrong. these crumbly bars are very sweet and nostalgic... they take me back to my childhood- the days of eating crustless peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made by mom.


(le photo credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment